Fun Ideas to Celebrate the 4th of July
Hello, everyone! Summertime is officially here, and it’s time to break out your red, white, and blue for the 4th of July! Independence Day is celebrated every year to commemorate July 4th, 1776, the day the thirteen colonies became independent from Britain and officially became the United States. Whether you were born here or live here now, this holiday is the perfect day to celebrate our country and freedom with bar-b-ques, pool parties, food, and fireworks!
Let’s enjoy this fun holiday weekend, and there is no better way to celebrate the 4th than spending it with family and friends. We, at Weed Man Evansville, IN want to give you some fun ideas for one of our favorite holidays!
- Dress Up: show your spirit and wear your red, white, and blue!
- Go boating, camping, or swimming.
- Go shopping for the great 4th of July sale deals!
- Have a picnic in a park.
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Take a weekend trip to a new place.
- Host a cookout for your family, friends, and neighbors. You can always make your cookout interesting with an eating contest or cookoff!
- One of the most common ways to celebrate the holiday is watching fireworks with your family and friends! Go to a local firework show or travel to a new place!
In search of a local firework show in the Evansville area? Look no further!
- Go to a baseball game.
- Host a family reunion.
- Go to an Independence Day ceremony.
Make your backyard the place to be this 4th of July weekend and let us here at Weed Man Evansville, IN make your lawn the best it can be before any event and especially your 4th of July outside celebrations. We trust that your yard will be the envy of all your neighbors this year! Everyone have a safe and fun Independence Day!
- Friday, June 28 Oak Hill Baptist Church Fireworks Celebration
- 6-9 p.m.
- Open to the public. Bring a picnic to enjoy or you can purchase food from food trucks: Chino Taco, River City Dawgs, and Lolly's Pops. Bring lawn chairs and pop-up tents.
- Fireworks will start at dark.
- Thursday, July 4 Fireworks on the Ohio
- 6-9:30 p.m.
- Food vendors will begin serving on Riverside Drive starting at 6 p.m. Fireworks will start at 9 p.m.
- The following merchants will be open in Downtown Evansville on July 4
- High Score Saloon 5 p.m. - midnight
- River Kitty Cat Cafe 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- River City Coffee + Goods - 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday, July 5 Historic Newburgh Riverside Fireworks
- 5-10 p.m.
- 5 p.m. Evening in the Park begins
- 7 p.m. Community concert
- 9 p.m. Fireworks